|by Mr Credit Card|
Summary: NatWest is a member of the Royal Bank of Scotland Group and many of the credit cards are similar to the RBS line of cards. The NatWest Platinum credit card offers a variety of benefits and features and special introductory offers that new cardholders may want to look into.
Criteria: Besides being a current RBS account customer, the NatWest Platinum card is subject to approval only to customers 18 years of age and over, with an income of at least £10,000 p.a.
Introductory Offers: New cardmembers are offered 0% on balance transfers for 15 months from account opening if the balances are transferred within three months of account opening and 0% on purchases for three months. There is a 2.9% balance transfer fee with a minimum of £5 and a Typical 16.9% APR (variable).
Features and Benefits: This credit card includes 1% off the APR for Advantage Gold customers for at least 12 months. The monthly fee for an Advantage Gold account is £12.95. Card members also receive the following features and benefits:
- No annual fee.
- 56 days of interest free credit on purchases plus comprehensive protection against online threats, fraud and identity theft.
- Transfer funds from the NatWest Platinum card to any UK bank account and pay the money transfer rate. The minimum transfer is £250.
- Receive cash advances up to £750 per day from cash machines worldwide, depending upon your credit limit.
- Add family and friends to your card as additional cardholders.
- Receive savings and discounts with NatWest Wine Club and NatWest Travel Service
- Cardholders are eligible also for travel support and medical support while traveling.
Conclusion: The NatWest Platinum card is most suitable for those customers that are looking for a 0% APR on balance transfers and purchases. The ability to transfer balances from larger interest credit cards to a card with 0% for 15 months can potentially save a great deal in interest as well as not paying interest for 3 months on new purchases that are made. The downside of course is that the NatWest Platinum card is not available unless you are a current account holder with RBS. Keep the criteria in mind when applying.