Credit Cards for Excellent Credit Folks
Credit Cards for Excellent Credit
If you have excellent credit, then you have the pick of the best credit cards that will suit your needs. There are lots of credit cards around. But below are the ones we think you should be looking at if you have excellent credit.
If you have excellent credit, you should be taking advantage of any great credit card deals that come your way. Right now, the Chase Sapphire Preferred(SM) Card has the best deal in town. You get 40,000 points after you spend $3,000 during the first three months. You can do lots of things with 40,000 points. But here are some things you could do with it that you may not realize.
Though there is an annual fee, it is waived for the first year. And what you do with the card after one year is up to you. I'd say, grab those 40,000 points.
- Firstly, you can transfer your points into United or British Airways miles and earn the next international trip
- United Mileage members can also use these 40,000 points because once you transfer the points to a continental onepass account, they are interchangeable.
- The points can also be transferred to Marriott, Hyatt, Priority Club frequent guest accounts as well. That alone is worth a few free nights stay (depending on the hotel category)
- You can use the 40,000 points (worth $500) to book your travel on Chase's Ultimate Rewards online travel site
- You can book your travel with any agent and use their points to offset your expense
- There is no foreign transaction fee if you plan to travel abroad
The Platinum Card® from American Express is my main card now and I think it is by far the best travel rewards card in the market today (by a mile). There are so many perks that even a moderate spender can easily recoup it's annual fee. If you have excellent credit, you should at least read our review and see if this card is for you.
The American Express® Premier Rewards Gold Card is one of the rare cards we know that allows you to earn triple points on airline tickets. In this respect, it is even better than the Platinum Card though it lacks many of the travel features.
The Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express is arguably the most popular travel and affinity credit card. The reason is really simply. Aside from having the best hotel frequent guest program, Starwood allows you to transfer StarPoints into frequent flier miles to over 30 airlines (most on a one to one ratio). Furthermore, you get 5,000 miles when you actually transfer 20,000 points into miles! They also allow you to use StarPoints to book flights directly. This feature is becoming increasingly rare today. If you are a member of a few frequent flier program, this is the card I recommend.