|by Mr Credit Card|
Summary: The NatWest Classic credit card is similar to the other NatWest cards regarding criteria and card benefits. The main difference is the introductory rate of 4.9% on everyday spending for nine months.
Criteria: The NatWest Classic card is subject to approval and only available to existing NatWest account customers. You must also be at least 18 years of age and have an income of at least £10,000 p.a.
Features and Benefits: Cardholders receive an introductory rate of 4.9% on purchases for nine months from opening the card account. There is no annual fee and a typical 19.9% APR (variable).
Cardholders also receive the following features and benefits:
- Withdraw cash of up to £300 a day, depending upon your credit limit, from cash machines all over the world. There is a 3% handling fee and a minimum of £3.
- If you already have a NatWest credit card, you can still apply for the NatWest Classic card but transfers from other RBS Group cards are not allowed.
- Transfer money from the Classic credit card to any UK bank account, simply paying the money transfer rate from the date of transfer. The minimum allowed is £250.
- No fee to transfer balances from existing cards. You will just be charged your standard rates and are able to transfer up to 95% of your credit limit.
- 56 days interest free credit on purchases when you pay your balance and your previous month’s balance in full and on time each month.
- Cardholders who also have an Avantage Gold current account receive a 1% discount on the APR for 12 months.
- Add family and friends as cardholders.
- Receive savings and discounts with NatWest Wine Club and occasional free gifts as well. Card members also receive membership with NatWest Travel Services which include assistance with booking holiday and work trips and receive discounts on air tickets and hotels. Travel support with visas, passports and health are also included as well as medical support if you are ill or involved in an accident.
Conclusion: The NatWest Classic credit card is quite standard as far as benefits and features but will appeal to those looking for a low interest card for everyday purchases. Also for those that may want to transfer balances to a low interest card for nine months but again, remember to check the criteria required for the card.