|by Mr Credit Card|
Update: Read my latest review of the Platinum Card from American Express
Having just got my new American Express Platinum Credit Card, I just checked the website and realized that they had a new “free companion ticket” feature! I did a little more investigation and found it very interesting. Here is how it works :
For up to four times a year, you can book a coach ticket on any of the big six carriers and get a free companion ticket. Sounds too good to be true? Well, there are a few criteria that you have to meet.
1. The ticket has to cost at least $299, $899 for flights to Honolulu and Anchorage.
2. The trip must be round-trip (multi-city, open jaw, one way trips are not allowed).
3. You have to book 7 days in advance.
4. You have to stay a Saturday night or have 2 midweek nights stay.
5. Reservations for the Domestic Companion Airfare Program must be made by calling, Airline Promotions South, Inc. (“API”) at 866-354-8386.
6. You may not get the flight you want as API will choose the flights that gives you the companion ticket.
I was pretty excited when I saw this because my 10th year anniversary with Mrs Credit Card is during the first week of April. However, as I scanned the website, I realize that there are blackout dates! And it falls on my anniversary! So no free companion flights for me this time. But still, I am excited about this program and will report after I get my hands on a free companion ticket.