The Williams Sonoma Visa Signature Card was launched in September 2011 with Barclays Bank1
. The affinity card is designed to reward their loyal customers who spend a lot at their stores with a reward program where they could earn points and redeem for interest rewards. And it differs slightly from other programs.
Williams Sonoma just isn't another retail store. They sell cookware and kitchen ware. I have bought many products from their store and I found that their staff to be very knowledgable. They even let you sample extra virgin olive oils and vinegrettes. But aside from kitchenware, their stores also frequent have booking signings by authors who have written cook books (many chefs).
If you shop a lot at their stores, you might be thinking of getting their credit card and the first question you will ask is what is there in it for me? To answer that, let's look at the features and benefits.
How You Earn Points?
- This is how you earn points on this card. When you make a purchase at Williams Sonoma, you will earn 3 points for every dollar that you spend. For example, if you spend $25 on a bottle of sauce, you will earn 75 reward points (25 X 3). For other regular purchases outside of Williams Sonoma store, you will earn one point for every dollar that you spend on the card. It is important to note that points expire 5 years from the date they are earned.
Aside from that, you will also earn 3 points for every dollar that is spent on bridal registries. You do have to link your Williams Sonoma card account with their (or rather your) bridal registry page for you to earn the three points. And at your first anniversary, you will receive a 15% discount coupon.
One Time Sign Up Bonus
- As a new card member, you will receive 2,500 points in your account after your first purchase. There is no minimum spend requirements to get these bonus points (just use your card).
- Aside from the ability to earn reward points with the card, there are other benefits that await you.
10% Discount Coupons
- For every $2,500 that you spend within a month, you will get a 10% discount coupon. You can get up to four a month (which means if you spend $10,000 a month, you will get four 10% discount coupons). These coupons expire after 90 days which they are issued, so it is very important not to forget to use them.
Free Shipping During The First Year
- For the first year of your card membership, you will get free shipping just by having the card. You will get the free shipping through a program called Reserved Membership. There is no automatic enrollment, so you have to make sure you register.
The way this perk works is as follows. After you receive your new card in the mail, there will be a package inside that tells you the instructions to enroll in the Reserve Membership program. You will have to go to the Williams Sonoma website and create an account. After that, you have to go to www.WSVisaReserve.com, where you just have to follow the instructions and redeem your Reserve code. You will need your new Visa number and a promo code that is in your package. Once that is all done, all you have to do is to make sure you log into your Williams Sonoma account before you make any purchase online and you will get the free shipping for 12 months.
Custom Concierge Service
- Being a card member allows you access to a custom concierge service that is normally reserved for higher end elite credit card. Aside from arrange travel (and other typical concierge arrangements) for you, they also have specially selected luxury travel packages preassembled for Williams-Sonoma cardholders.
How You Redeem Points
- To redeem your points, you have to log in into your Barlcays account. From there, you can redeem points for Williams-Sonoma Gift Cards, Culinary Excursions, Statement Credits and Cookbook Club Classes at select Williams-Sonoma stores.
Barclays Bank and Williams Sonoma Launches New Visa Credit Card