The Discover is one of the best cash back cards available today. I like the card for several reasons.
On our Editor's Choice List
It has perhaps the best online shopping portal
- Shopdiscover.com may have less merchant partners than other portals. But they have the highest rebate payout starting at 5% and going as high as 20%. Just to give you an example: you can get 5% discounts on Apple.com with Discover.
They have no foreign transaction fees
- Aside from Capital One, only Discover has waived the FX transaction fee for all of their cards. Sure, there are other issuers who have waived this fee on various cards. But all of these cards have annual fee. For example, the Amex Platinum has no FX transaction fee, but comes with a $450 annual fee. The Chase Sapphire Preferred Card also has done away with the FX fee, but comes with a $95 annual fee. For a no annual fee card, this is a great feature to have.
Virtual Account Number
- We all shop online these days. And the extra security provided is a perk very few cards give.
Increase the value of your cash back
- For most cash back cards, what you earn is what you get. Not so with Discover. They let you exchange your cash back for gift cards and depending on the gift card partner, you can get a greater value in gift cards than the cash back you are exchanging for.
- We highly recommend this card and have them on our Editor's Choice List. It is a great card to get if all you want is just a cash back card, I would not hesitate recommending this card at all. If you have a card like the Blue Cash Everyday, then I would urge you to also get this card, combine them and earn even more cash back!