|by Mr Credit Card|
Summary: The SmartLine Platinum MasterCard by Capital One is a credit card for those in Canada that have excellent credit.
Criteria: In order to qualify for this card you must have a minimum household income of $40,000.00 and excellent credit which consists of having open credit for more than 10 years, excellent credit for the last seven years (no bankruptcies or defaults) and at least the required minimum payments have been made on existing credit on time in the past 6 months.
Features and Benefits: There is no annual fee for this credit card. There is a low APR of 5.99% on purchases and balance transfers for 3 years as long as the bill is paid on time. After that the rate is a variable rate of Prime + 3.75%.
Other features and benefits include:
- Price Protection on purchases made in Canada. If you find an item you purchased with your Capital One credit card at a lower price within 60 days, you will receive a refund of the price difference.
- Purchase Assurance insures purchases against theft, loss or damage anywhere in the world for 120 days from the date of purchase.
- Extended Warranty coverage that doubles the original manufacturer’s warranty for up to two additional years.
- Travel Accident Insurance of up to $250,000.00 for your spouse and dependent children when the cost of the common carrier tickets to the Capital One card.
- Car Rental Collision/Loss Damage Waiver can save cardholders $20 to $30 per day and insure for up to 31 days if the rental car is damaged or stolen.
- Baggage Delay covers purchases of essential items if your baggage is delayed for more than four hours.
- MasterAssist Travel Assistance provides 24/7 assistance for medical referrals, emergency cash transfers, lost documents and ticket replacements, lost luggage assistance and legal referrals when travelling outside your province of residence.
- Master Global Services Master Global Services provides emergency card replacement, emergency cash advance, 24/7 telephone access and referral to the closest ABM.
- $0 Fraud Liability if the card is lost or stolen you won’t be responsible for any unauthorized purchases on your card.
- Master RoadAssist Service includes towing, gas delivery and minor mechanical aid.
Rewards Program: Cardholders earn 1 reward mile for each $1 spent or 1% cash back on purchases. Rewards can be redeemed for Travel, merchandise and gift cards Cheque for Cash. Also earn 5,000 bonus reward miles on the first purchase.
Conclusion: The Capital One SmartLine Platinum MasterCard is ideal for those with excellent credit that would like to take advantage of an extremely low interest rate on purchases and balance transfers for 3 years.