|by Mr Credit Card|
Summary: The RBS Student credit card is designed to assist students with managing new credit as well as providing benefits and discounts that students will value.
Features and Benefits: Students receive a maximum credit limit of £500 with no annual fee and a typical 18.9% APR (variable). The RBS Student MasterCard is subject to approval and available only to those that are 18 years of age or older that have an RBS Student current account.
Other benefits of the card include:
- Direct debit to make sure you don’t miss any payments, avoiding possible late fees.
- Discounts and savings on brands that include HP, Lonely Planet and Firebox.com. Special discounts include 10% off all products with HP UK, discounted iPod and accessories with 15% off everything at iWorld.co.uk, a £5 voucher gadgets, games and quirky gifts from Firebox.com and 1 month free DVD rentals at Outnow. Also included is a 25% discount on any of the Lonely Planet titles every time you spend £10 or more.
- Interest free credit on purchases for up to 56 days if you pay your monthly balance in full and on time as well as the previous month’s.
- Protection against online fraud and identity theft.
- Cash advances of up to £250 each day depending upon your available credit limit.
- Travel benefits include discounts on advance bookings, last-minute bargains and on almost everything else – from flights to airport car parking.
- Special offers and gifts from the Royal Bank Wine Club.
Conclusion: This is a great card for students who would like to begin building a credit history slowly and take advantage on specifically designed discounts and features as well.