|by Mr Credit Card|
Summary: The Platinum Card from American Express UK is a charge card which provides its cardholders with exclusive benefits and services and a rewards program that includes upgrades and special discounts.
Features and Benefits: American Express offers many features and benefits for charge cards. The Platinum Card includes the following:
- Platinum Travel – travel benefits include airport lounge access at over 500 lounges, upgrades, companion tickets, special hotel privileges and Hertz and Avis loyalty programs.
- Platinum Protection – refund protection and purchase protection, emergency assistance and travel insurance benefits.
- Platinum Experiences – access to exclusive experiences are available to cardmembers which include dining, shopping and events and tickets.
- Platinum Resources – request up to five additional cards for family and friends, Flex Select for the option to pay over time and online account services.
- Platinum Service – services include assistance with securing reservations and seeking out deals. Platinum Service also aids in organizing value travel packages, booking flights, advice on hotels and restaurants and ing and delivering gifts.
Fees: There is no APR and an annual fee of £300.
Membership Rewards Program: Cardmembers earn 1 Membership Rewards Point for each £1 that is spent on virtually every purchase. Points can be redeemed for travel, dining and retail rewards and do not expire. They can also be converted into frequent traveler points or miles and merchandise from retailers such as Mulberry, Sony and Molton Brown. There are also exclusive experiences available to choose from which include wine tasting at a Conran Restaurant or rally car driving.
Additionally, points can be redeemed for travel through the online Membership Rewards Travel Agency or for Platinum Service and can also be transferred to one of the partner frequent traveler programmes such as Hilton HHonors and BMI Diamond Club.
Conclusion: The Platinum Card by American Express offers a wide range of benefits and services to its cardmembers while allowing them to earn rewards points on every purchase made with the card. The ability to redeem the points for merchandise, services, and exclusive opportunities and transfer points to miles or travel benefits serves as extra bonuses that make it a great card to carry.