|by Mr Credit Card|
Summary: The Capital One Cash Back Plus Platinum MasterCard is a premium credit card in Canada which includes a rewards program to earn cash back on purchases.
Features and Benefits: There is an annual fee of $99.00 and an APR of 19.8% with no introductory APR on balance transfers or purchases.
- Cardholders receive the following additional features and benefits:
- Add an authorized user for free.
- Price Protection which refunds the difference if you find a purchase you have made with your card for cheaper within 60 days.
- Purchase Assurance protects purchases against theft, loss or damage anywhere in the world for 120 days from the date of purchase.
- Extended Warranty on personal items which doubles the original manufacturer’s warranty for up to 2 years.
- Travel Accident Insurance of up to $250,000.00 for you, your spouse and your children when the tickets are charged to your Capital One card.
- Car Rental Collision and Loss Damage Waiver insures you for up to 31 days if your rental car is damaged or stolen which can save $20-$30 per day if you waive the insurance by the rental agency.
- Baggage Delay includes reimbursement of up to $100 per day for essential items if your baggage is delayed.
- MasterAssist Travel Assistance includes 24/7 assistance for medical referrals, emergency cash transfers, lost documents, lost luggage assistance, ticket replacement and legal referrals for cardholders travelling outside the province of residence.
- Master Global Services provides emergency card replacement, emergency cash advance, 24/7 telephone access and referral to the closest ABM.
- $0 Fraud Liability if your card is lost or stolen.
- Master RoadAssist Service for 24-hour emergency road service.
Cash Back Rewards Program: The cash back rewards program rewards cardholders with up to 2% cash back on all purchases with no limits on the amount that can be earned. Rewards can be redeemed anytime the balance is $15 or more via cheque or statement credit. Cash back can be increased depending on the amount that is spent each year, for example, 1% for the first $15,000.00, 1.5% for %15,000.01 to $100,000.00 and 2% for over $100,000.00.
Conclusion: The Capital One Cash Back Platinum MasterCard is available for those with good to excellent credit, which means you will be more likely to qualify if you have had open credit for more than 3 years, excellent credit for the last 7 years without bankruptcies or defaults, and have made at least the required minimum payments. You will also need a household income of $60,000.00 or more. It is an ideal card for those that usually pay their balances in full each month and spend more than $2,000.00 per month. If you meet these requirements and are looking for a card to earn cash back easily and quickly, you may want to look into the Capital One Cash Back Platinum MasterCard.