|by Mr Credit Card|
Summary: The Capital One Aspire World MasterCard in Canada provides card members one of the best miles rewards programs with opportunities for a large amount of bonus miles.
Features and Benefits: There is an annual fee for this card of $120 and an interest rate of 19.8%.
Other features and benefits include:
- Travel Emergency Medical provides emergency medical coverage anywhere in the world for you, your spouse or your children for up to 22 days while traveling.
- Trip Cancellation covers up to $1,000 of eligible cancellation expenses due to illness or injury that prevents you from starting your trip.
- Trip Interruption covers up to $5,000 if illness or injury prevents you from continuting your trip per injured person.
- Flight Delay reimburses eligible living expenses incurred if your flight is delayed or a connection missed which lasts four or more hours.
- Up to $1000 per trip for insured travelers when baggage is lost by an airline.
- If baggage is delayed for more than 6 hours cardholders may be eligible for reimbursement of up to $100 per day to purchase essential items.
- Travel Accident Insurance covers you, your spouse and children for up to $500,000.
- Price Protection refunds the price difference if you find a purchase made in Canada at a lower price within 60 days of purchase while Purchase Assurance protects your purchases against theft, loss or damage for 12 days from the date of purchase.
- Concierge Services include assistance with travel arrangements, entertainment, business and shopping.
- $0 Fraud Liability in the event that your card is used without your authorization you will not be responsible for unauthorized purchases.
- Master RoadAssist Service includes 24 hour emergency road service for towing, gas delivery and minor mechanical aid.
Reward Miles: 2 reward miles are earned for every $1 spent on all purchases made with the credit card. New cardholders receive a bonus of 35,000 reward miles with their first purchase which is equal to $350 in travel credit. Cardholders are also rewarded 10,000 anniversary bonus reward miles every year. Reward miles can be redeemed for travel, cash, merchandise or gift cards.
Conclusion: The Capital One Aspire World MasterCard is a good choice for those that earn at least $60,000.00 per year, do not carry a balance and would like to earn miles for every purchase made as opposed to specialized retailers or purchases. The opportunity for earning bonus miles in addition to the features and benefits that are included with the card will most likely make up for the annual fee.