|by Mr Credit Card|
Summary: The Canada American Express Business Gold Rewards card offers businesses a rewards program with incentives on travel, hotels and multiple other business products and services.
Features and Benefits: There is an annual fee for the Business Gold Rewards card of $180 which is waived the first year, saving $180. The Business Gold Rewards card is a charge card with no preset spending limit. The balance on the card must be paid in full each month. Business owners can request additional cards for employees which will also earn points that are added to the account.
Other features and benefits:
- Merchant discounts on everyday business expenses with retailers such as Hertz, FedEx and others.
- Online account access and reporting tools to track and manage the spending of employees who hold cards. Online expense management reports are also available to view or download. Expenses can be filtered by category or vendor to assist in cash flow and cost saving opportunities.
- Personal cheque cashing for up to $1,000 CDN at participating American Express Travel Services Locations.
- Front of the Line Entertainment gives cardholders an opportunity to access top entertainment and sporting events.
- Disability Plan for Small Business Insurance: protects the business against hardships from permanent, total disability. Employers that are Business Gold card members are also covered if the employee is in a totally disabling accident, the business receives up to $10,000 in benefits to cover costs for hiring and replacing the employee.
- Business Travel Protection covers travel, accommodation and car rental.
- Travel Accident Insurancefor you, your spouse and dependent children on planes, train, buses or ships.
Membership Rewards Program: New members receive a bonus of 25,000 welcome points which is enough for a ticket to almost anywhere in North America, if $3,000 in purchases are made in the first 3 months with the card.
Cardholders earn 1 point for each dollar charged to the card with no limits.
Each year up to 40,000 bonus points can be earned. 15,000 points when you reach $50,000 in purchases. Another 25,000 when you reach $100,000. Earn more rewards when you transfer to Aeroplan instantly. 1 point = 1 Aeroplan mile. Also transfer points to Delta Air Lines, Continental Airlines, and Cathay Pacific’s Asia Miles and access their 27 airline partners.
Conclusion: The Canada American Express Business Gold Rewards card is an ideal card for businesses or business owners that would like to earn miles and rewards on purchases for air travel and business products. It also offers a great deal of benefits and features that are targeted toward businesses and employees with an annual fee that is waived the first year, yet reasonable considering the rewards and benefits of the card.